California State Bar #334620 | Texas State Bar #24132723
Trust & Estate Litigation
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
Flournoy McLain, P.C.-August 2022 until present Associate Attorney
• Conducted research into complex issues such as Heirship, Fiduciary Duties/Litigation, Default in Probating Wills, Agricultural law, undue influence, ERISA and 401(k) beneficiary designation, family allowances, and common law spousal rights and inheritance.
• Drafted Traditional and Partial Motions for Summary Judgment for federal and county courts, settlement letters, propounding and responsive discovery, temporary injunction orders, annual accounts for probate matters, oppositions to evidentiary motions, mediation memorandums, Rule 11 Agreements, and counter-claims petitions.
• Appeared as first chair for motion hearings as well as second chair for status conferences and motion hearings.
Core Law Group, LLP-June 2019-August 2022 Associate Attorney
January 2021-August 2022
• Court appearances as lead attorney for Trial Setting Conferences, Criminal Arraignment and Domestic Violence
(nonevidentiary), and Criminal Pre-trial.
• Appeared as second chair attorney in evidentiary hearings and depositions for family law and domestic violence matters.
• Lead drafter of civil complaints, mediation briefs, request for order motions, mandatory settlement conference briefs, protective orders, restraining orders, meet and confer letters for discovery and settlement negotiations, extensive discovery requests and responses, and stipulation and orders.
Law Clerk, June 2019-December 2020
• Researched and summarized legal issues across multiple areas in family law and civil litigation.
• Drafted demand letters to insurance companies and corporations, declarations for clients in support of request for orders, court forms for request for orders and judgments, 998 offers, petition and response for dissolution case initiation documents, financial disclosures, income and expense declarations, financial and civil discovery (propounding and responsive).
Family Legal Assistance at CHOC Children's: Law Clerk, August-Nov 2019
• Drafted court forms for the submission of guardianship and conservatorship matters as well as power of attorney filings.
• Conducted client intake interviews for processing of conservatorship and guardianship matters.
• Lead client meetings for case development and finalization of filings, including informing clients of the legal steps involved and explaining complex legal matters.
Constitutional Jurisprudence Clinic via Chapman Fowler School of Law: Law Clerk, Jan-May 2019
• Drafted Motion for Summary Judgment to be used in case filing.
• Executed discovery research using spreadsheets and close reading of applications relevant to case.
• Prepared and presented in-class oral argument on overarching case strategy based on Motion for Summary Judgment.
UC Chapman Fowler School of Law, Orange County, CA Doctor
of Jurisprudence May 2020
California State University of Northridge, Northridge, CA
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, May 2017